Volunteers are an integral part of running our event smoothly. They are highly relied upon to be responsible, accountable and professional.
*New policy for 2018
An event of this size cannot be efficiently managed without volunteers. Unfortunately we have continued to have a large number of volunteers cancel with little notice or no-show. Because of this, we need to implement stricter guidelines for volunteers starting in 2018. Please read the following carefully.
Each year we accept a limited number of volunteers.
- Those who have volunteered for us before will be given first priority.
- Volunteers must work a minimum of 4 hours per day in exchange for free passes to the event for each day that they work
- The majority of volunteer positions must commit to working all three days of the event.
- A limited number of single day volunteers will be accepted
ALL volunteers must comply with at least one of the following to join us:
- Purchase one workshop for each day scheduled no later than June 13th 2018
- Purchase a day pass for each day scheduled no later than June 13th 2018
- Purchase a weekend pass no later than June 13th 2018
- Volunteers who choose the option of purchasing an admission pass must personally collect theirrefund check from our accounting department no later than 4 hours following the end of your last assignment of the weekend OR it will be mailed to your address of record.
- Volunteers who choose the option of purchasing a workshop(s) do NOT receive refunds of any part of the cost of your workshop. Your workshop is your commitment to be present that day.
- Once your workshop or admission pass is purchased there will be NO REFUNDS or credits if you cancel for any reason at all.
- Volunteers may purchase workshops and we will work around their schedules.
Volunteers will be assigned to various duties including but not limited to:
- Registration desk
- Working the doors checking wrist bands
- Helping check guests into workshops
- Inside ushers assisting with seating and monitoring VIP
- Pole Cleaners
- Volunteers may indicate preferences but we cannot guarantee that all of your assignments will be the area you choose.
- We work our hardest to allow the majority of volunteers to see competitve divisions but a few may be required to monitor registration and watch the competition from the back of the hall
- If you have a friend/relative competing we will NOT schedule you to work during that division so that you can see them perform.
If you are interested in volunteering for us please email Mary Ellyn at Info@MidwestPoleDancing.com with the subject "Volunteer"