Volunteers are an integral part of running our event smoothly. They are highly relied upon to be responsible, accountable and professional.
*New policy for 2018
An event of this size cannot be efficiently managed without volunteers. Unfortunately we have continued to have a large number of volunteers cancel with little notice or no-show. Because of this, we need to implement stricter guidelines for volunteers starting in 2018. Please read the following carefully.
Each year we accept a limited number of volunteers.
- Those who have volunteered for us before will be given first priority.
Volunteers must work a minimum of 4 hours per day in exchange for free passes to the event for each day that they work
- 4 hours may be assigned in one 4-hour shift or split into two 2-hour shifts
- Volunteers may be assigned their shift at any time between 7am and 11pm on Friday and Saturday and between 7am and 4pm on Sunday.
The majority of volunteer positions must commit to working all three days of the event.
- A limited number of single day volunteers will be accepted
ALL volunteers must comply with at least one of the following to join us:
- Purchase one workshop for each day scheduled by no later than July 1, 2018
- Purchase a day pass for each day scheduled no later than July 1, 2018
Purchase a weekend pass no later than July 1, 2018
- Volunteers who choose the option of purchasing an admission pass must personally collect their refund check from our accounting department on the last day you are working OR it will be mailed to your address of record.
- Volunteers who choose the option of purchasing a workshop(s) do NOT receive refunds of any part of the cost of your workshop. Your workshop is your commitment to be present that day.
- Once your workshop or admission pass is purchased there will be NO REFUNDS or credits if you cancel for any reason at all.
- Volunteers may purchase workshops and we will work around their schedules.
Volunteers will be assigned to various duties including but not limited to:
- Registration desk
- Working the doors checking wrist bands
- Helping check guests into workshops
- Inside ushers assisting with seating and monitoring VIP
- Volunteers may indicate preferences but we cannot guarantee that all of your assignments will be the area you choose.
If you are interested in volunteering for us please email Mary Ellyn at Info@MidwestPoleDancing.com with the subject "Volunteer"
Pole cleaners will receive a VIP all-access weekend pass with reserved front row seating for all performances/competitions. They will also have access to the after parties and may purchase workshops.
- Pole cleaners must have strong climbing skills with the ability to climb and hold on to a 12 foot static or spin pole with their legs, while cleaning with their hands.
- Pole cleaners must be available to arrive at 8:30am on Friday for their pole cleaner meeting
Pole cleaners must dress in blue, black and white and may not wear sloppy unfitted clothing
- Boots, shoes or barefoot is allowed
- Clothing can be sport styled or sexy but may not include thongs or g-strings.