Sunday July 9th
- This is an international division open only to residents of the US, Canada and Mexico
- Open to all dancers regardless of their months or years of experience.
- No limits to the type and skill level of moves allowed.
- Any aged dancer may apply including 40 years old and over.
Specifications (tentative and subject to minor changes)
- Competitors will bring their own hoop, spanset/straps and carabiners.
- Hoops may be single or double tab, taped, plain and any size/diameter.
- Point of attachment will be a swivel at approximately 10.5 – 11 feet
- Competitors must bring a variety of rigging devices so that the lowest point of the hoop is no less than 4 feet above the floor and no more than 6 feet above the floor
*** In order to expedite a smooth and quick transition between competitors, no competitors may share hoops or rigging equipment unless they are using exactly the same set up, length and spanset. We cannot guarantee placing competitors so that they have time to change their rigging equipment as placement is randomly generated.
This division will be judged as follows:
Technicality: 50 points
Presentation: 50 points
Artistry: 50 points
Sample Score Sheet – coming soon
Moves not allowed:
- All planche and hand balancing poses
- No single foot/ankle hangs or holds (toe or heel)
- Reverse meat hook
- Limited to 1-2 360 degree rolls
- No moves may be performed on the spanset or truss
- Additionally no props or other apparatus attached to the lyra may be used