Friday July 7th 11:15am
Please note these rules and the criteria below are subject to change but will be finalized before finalists are announced. In the interest of determining the most fair and uncomplicated criteria for this division we will continue to consider variations in the criteria but the skill level will be in line with someone who is not ready to compete in the professional/elite level division with the criteria entailed in that division.
This competitor may be just perfecting basic inverts but will not be ready to compete with moves requiring higher levels of skill and flexibility such as reverse grab spins, aerial inverts, shoulder mounts, hands free chopper, side climbs, etc. See bottom of page for further clarifications.
Note: If you have placed in a higher level division with NAPDC or other events, you may not apply to this division. Contact us at email@example.com if you are uncertain if you qualify.
- Applications will open after January 1st
- Application videos will not be required
- The first ten applicants to register will be accepted
- This is a international division open only to residents of the US, Canada and Mexico
- Open to dancers age 18 and over, including over 40 years old.
- Open to men and women.
If you have placed in a higher level division with NAPDC or other events, you may not apply to this division.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are uncertain if you qualify.
- May be instructors or "professional" pole dancer (earning income) but limited in skill level appropriate to this division
- Both poles will be on static
- This division will be very limited in moves in which the hips or legs are over your head
- This division will be limited in pole tricks and poses requiring advanced flexibility
- This division will not allow repel moves (Extended butterfly, Aysha, etc) regardless of method of entry
Limitations of experience:
- Should not be proficiently performing a number of moves which are from the prohibited list of moves in this division.
- For Example…you may be working on extended butterfly, Cupid and Jasmine, etc. but are not smooth and proficient at performing all of them together in a routine.
- May not have worked as an instructor at higher skill levels in pole dance instruction.
*Entry into this division is based upon an "honor" system. Due to the varied levels of national level competitions being held, we wish to keep this division comparable to the levels within our own event. If you have any questions about whether you qualify for the Intermediate division, you should contact the organizers. Should it be determined after you have been accepted into this division that you do not in fact qualify based upon other performances, you may be offered the chance to move up to the elite division or will be disqualified without penalty or fines
This division will be judged as follows:
Technicality: 50 points
Presentation: 50 points
Artistry: 50 points
- All moves for this division are limited to those in the Pole Dance Community Syllabus levels 1-3 only.
- All transitions between aerial moves must maintain 3 points of contact.
- Exception: leg positions and grips/arm positions in spins may vary from those in levels 1-3
- All aerial moves must maintain arm/hand/armpit grip at all times and through all transitions
All inverted aerial transitions must maintain 3 points of contact without removing legs from pole.
Ex: May transition from outside leg hang to inside leg hang but may not stop and remove legs from pole to do an aerial chopper to go into another pose.
- Other exceptions from the list of level 4 moves, the following moves are also allowed in addition to 1-3: see below
Moves not allowed:
- NO other moves are allowed aside from those in levels 1-3 plus those listed as exceptions from level 4 below
- May not perform aerial inverts
May not perform aerial sequence with more than three distinct poses in a row
Ex: Possible sequence may include Basic invert from floor into Outside Leg Hang into Inside leg hang and return to floor
- No drops or tumbles aside from those specifically named within the PDC Syllabus – so do not create combos which result in a tumble or drop. You must transition through it without doing a tumble or drop
Click here to see a list of additional moves approved for Intermediate in addition to PDC Levels 1-3