Friday July 13th
***Please note that as some of our criteria has changed since last year, the video above may not accurately reflect either prohibited or allowed moves. Please review the criteria below carefully.
Please note these rules and the criteria below. In the interest of determining the most fair and uncomplicated criteria for this division we will continue to consider variations in the criteria but the skill level will be in line with someone who is not ready to compete in the professional/elite level division with the criteria entailed in that division.
This competitor may be just perfecting basic inverts but will not be ready to compete with moves requiring higher levels of skill and flexibility such as inverted spins, aerial inverts, shoulder mounts, hands free chopper, side climbs, etc. See bottom of page for further clarifications.
Note: If you have placed in a higher level division with NAPDC or other events, you may not apply to this division. Contact us at email@example.com if you are uncertain if you qualify.
- This is a international division open only to residents of the US, Canada and Mexico
- Open to dancers age 18 and over, including over 40 years old.
- Open to men and women.
If you have placed in a higher level division with NAPDC or other events, you may not apply to this division.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are uncertain if you qualify.
- May be instructors or "professional" pole dancer (earning income) but limited in skill level appropriate to this division
- Both poles will be on static
- This division will be very limited in moves in which the hips or legs are over your head
- This division will be limited in pole tricks and poses requiring advanced flexibility
- This division will not allow repel moves (Extended butterfly, Aysha, etc) regardless of method of entry
Limitations of experience:
- Should not be proficiently performing a number of moves which are from the prohibited list of moves in this division.
- For Example…you may be working on extended butterfly, Cupid and Jasmine, etc. but are not smooth and proficient at performing all of them together in a routine.
- May not have worked as an instructor at higher skill levels in pole dance instruction.
*Entry into this division is based upon an "honor" system. Due to the varied levels of national level competitions being held, we wish to keep this division comparable to the levels within our own event. If you have any questions about whether you qualify for the Intermediate division, you should contact the organizers. Should it be determined after you have been accepted into this division that you do not in fact qualify based upon other performances, you may be offered the chance to move up to the elite division or will be disqualified without penalty or fines
All single and two-handed spins in which the hips stay below the shoulders
- Exception: Spinning inverted chopper/straddle spin IS allowed
- Reverse grab (dislocator) spin is allowed without high kick/chopper/straddle entry and hips must remain below shoulders
The ONLY invert allowed including will be the basic invert from floor only
- Chopper variation from floor is allowed
Only upright seated poses with the pole between the thighs are allowed
- any leg position except splits
maintain 3 points of contact
Exception: Closed (holding ankle) cupid
ONLY the following inverted poses are allowed
- Inverted Bomb-closed
- Flatline cupid
- Outside leg hang
- Inside leg hang
- inverted crucifix
- Marley and jasmine
- Inverted pike
- Basic Butterfly
- Flatline Scorpio/Gemini/Cupid
- Cross knee and cross ankle laybacks
- Inverted Chopper
- Superman – only if entered from a leg hang like Outside leg hang, Jasmine, etc.
- Splits poses…must have at least one foot on the floor
- Flag poses…must have legs closed/straight or in passe pose
- No restrictions on floor work which has no contact with the pole
- May descend into handstand/elbow stands coming out of inverted pose to transition to floor but may not hold handstand/elbow hand poses
- Handstands and elbow stands up to the pole are not allowed
- All transitions between aerial moves (inverted and upright) must maintain 3 points of contact.
- All aerial moves (inverted and upright) must maintain arm/hand/armpit grip at all times and through all transitions
All inverted aerial transitions must maintain 3 points of contact with at least one leg/thigh/knee on the pole.
Ex: May transition from outside leg hang to inside leg hang but may not stop and remove legs from pole to do an aerial chopper to go into another pose.
Moves not allowed include but are not limited to:
- May not perform any aerial inverts
- No inverts aside from basic/chopper invert
- No iguana grips into or out of any move
- No deadlifts
Other extreme moves including but not limited t0
- Rainbow Marchenko
- hands only climbs
- Inverted climbs
- Dragontail/Dragons Wings
- Devils point shuffle
- Meathook poses
- Side Saddle superman
- BIrd of Paradis
- no armpit grips
- any moves involving extreme flexibility or oversplits
- no aerial poses (up on the pole) which include leg splits position.
May not perform aerial sequence with more than three distinct poses in a row
Ex: Possible sequence may include Basic invert from floor into Outside Leg Hang into Inside leg hang and return to floor
– "passing through" a move as required to go from one pose to another is allowed and is not counted as one of the three poses as long as it is not "held" but "passed through"
- No drops or tumbles
***Any moves of which you are not certain of by the name on either the list above or the link below is your responsibility to contact the event organizer to confirm.
Judges will not determine prohibited moves – they will be determined by the event organizer based upon the criteria.
Failure to adhere to the criteria will result in penalties from points deducted up to and including disqualification.