Final Round: (applies to ALL divisions by registration and by online video application)
- Emphasis will be placed on overall performance.
- Equal points will be possible within all areas of scoring – someone with superior strength or tricks will not have a disproportionate advantage over someone with superior form and artistry. This will basically come down to which performance is the most riveting for the audience to watch!
- All of the judges scores will be counted toward the final results – high and low will not be discarded
- All judges will be certified through Midwest Pole Dancing
- All finalists will receive a finalists handbook which will cover aspects of the judging process as well as expectations of behavior and preparation for the competition
Points will be awarded based on the following criteria
Basic Elements – 50 points each*
Artistry – 50 points
Audience engagement (no talking/gesturing to audience or encouragement of applause allowed)
Creative choice of moves
Costume (style, fit, creativity)
Music choice (originality of expression, creativity)
Originality of performance
Unique style of movement
Presentation – 50 points
Choice of poses – originality
Balanced use of spin and static poles
Variety of tricks, spins and transitions (Ex: Advanced should vary their routine to include basic level moves)
Technicality – 50 points
Correct and safe body alignment for each move
Difficulty of tricks
Strength relative to skill level and gender
Flexibility (hyper flexibility will not award higher points)
Complexity of combinations (both spins and tricks) allowed within division
Full completion of moves
Penalty for Essential Division: Use of inverted or climbing moves, which has been prohibited, will result in deduction of up to 5 points per move or possibly disqualification.
Other Penalties for all divisions
Hard Penalties: (objective and measurable or unanimous by all judges where applicable)
-Finalists who do not comply with deadlines will receive a penalty of one point for each day past the stated deadlines for each item. Each new day will be counted at 12:00am.
-After 5 days late/5 points deduction for any one deadline or 10 points total deductions for late to deadlines finalist will be disqualified.
-Fall – up to 10 points total (not per judge)
-Severe Wardrobe malfunction : display of intimate body parts – may result in full disqualification
-Use of unapproved move may result in between 5 points per judge or full disqualification upon decision of the panel
-Encouraging audience applause – may result in full disqualification
-Intentional use of rigging – may result in full disqualification
Soft Penalties: (Subjective by each judge)
Wardrobe malfunction – up to 5 points per judge
Accidental or deliberate touching or using rigging – 1-2 points per occurrence per judge
Stumble, mis-grip, etc – up to 2 points per occurrence per judge
Judging and Deliberation
- All judges will have pole dance experience
- All judges will score all 3 basic elements as well as compulsory components
- Judges will be shown the final results before they are announced at the competition however, no deliberation of the results will be allowed except in the case of a tie.
After The Competition
- Will be emailed within 60 days.
- Competitors will be informed only of where they placed within their division and qualification for Distinguished Performance Awards if applicable in the email when they receive their scores
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- Except in the event where proof of cheating or poor sportsmanship has been proven, there will be no deliberation of the results of the competition after the event. There is no appeals process or arbitration following the competition.
Sample Score Sheet – Click Here